Friday, December 11, 2009

sorry for the absence, is it really two weeks until christmas?!?


time has really flown by the past two weeks, but we've been having a lot of fun... here's a little of what we've been up to, and more projects and some super cute maiko pictures coming soon... do you like my christmas wreath? my mom is the best when it comes to christmas :) she helped me make the wreath above and the centerpiece below... so much fun getting to spend the special time together with her and my cousins, i have many memories of her and my aunt getting together at christmas and making christmas decorations out of beautiful greenery while me and my cousins played and now the tradition continues... thanks mom :)

and below is the special centerpiece that maiko made :) my mom was so sweet to let him make one too (he used pretty much every pretty decoration she had!)... it looks so beautiful up on top of the piano....

also... my sister amber finally came for a visit, we love her so... she joined us in some fun activities like selecting and decorating a christmas tree and drinking warm wassel (wassle?) by the cozy fire and making a really wonderful dinner, which was quite a treat since we have been tending to go more for the quick and easy recently... thanks for coming amber we miss you already! also we are excited for the other many visitors coming to stay over the next few weeks...

can you believe this once newborn baby will be five months old soon? whew! that went fast!

so... that special dinner i mentioned above... yeah, i took pictures, probably overkill but oh well (i was really hungry and we spent a lot of time on it so bear with me here)... see those meatballs? matt ground fresh elk meat for those (see i told you we spent a lot of time on it)... and the roasted butternut squash mmmm...

i made a marinara sauce with our canned tomato sauce that we made with fresh summer tomatoes and we simmered those yummy meatballs in it...

and the motivation for all of this was to use matt's new kitchenaid attachment that makes homemade noodles (see lots and lots of time)...


and wouldn't you know it, after matt rolled the dough that amber made something went wrong with the kitchenaid, yeah, go figure huh? so... matt cut the noodles with a pizza slicer and they were great... also, he already fixed the kitchenaid, is he great or what? well, that made me hungry so i'm gonna go eat something now...

hope we will be seeing you all over the holidays! happy christmas :)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you sis! I love the time together also! Tell Mat I am jealous....I want one of those pasta makers for my kitchenaid also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny! I miss you guys already too!! I can't believe that its already been a month since I have been at your wonderful house! I want to come see you again soon! I love you all! and I can't believe it has been so long since I have looked at your blog! I love you! Thanks for keeping us all updated! <3

    ReplyDelete