Friday, April 15, 2011

nuturing my creative side



i've been feeling a need to create lately. it's amazing how good it makes me feel. sweeping, laundry, dishes, those are all things that you do and then the next day they need to be done again and again. sewing though, it really makes me feel like i've accomplished something. when i complete a sewing project, it's finished and i get to use it again and again. yes, a very good feeling. i highly recommend skipping your dishes and/or laundry and doing a little sewing instead, and if you decide to take my advice the keykalou pattern i used to make the purse above is a quick and simple project and also on sale here in her etsy shop (created in portland, OR). it's practically instant gratification, and who can resist a project where you get to use a cute button? not i.

2 comments:

  1. Could you make a few and I'll buy them from you? Or even better, I will have you show me how to make one next time I see you, so then I can realize I definitely want to still have you make them and buy them from you :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'd love too :) keykalou that makes the pattern i used actually gives permission to sell things made with her patterns... i was thinking that maybe i should try an etsy shop in the future.

    ReplyDelete