Monday, January 30, 2012

one time around the sun

 

my sweet ollie. this is a picture that i never shared with you because i took it on my little nikon coolpix and it took me like four months to take it off my camera. in this photo she is almost a day old. her sweet face was still bruised and swollen from getting stuck on my cervix. that little outfit that says "happy" on it :) that has a bit of a story too. i bought that sleeper because that was eislee's favorite word at the time. but she would say "appy." goodness. one year. i noticed something this morning.  i noticed the return of the sun. today was the first day in a long time that maiko and layla ran out to the bus in daylight...well, i suppose it was more like twilight... but still.... that is a big change from pitch dark. oh sweet ollie, now every year you will bring us the sun with your birthday.
we had a wonderful celebration yesterday with family. patti and chuck opened their home for a large group of my family. it was a lot of fun. it has been a long time since we had a "big" birthday party. i wish i had remembered my camera... but we do have another small birthday happening today and i promise i will get photos of that and share. 
well... happy birthday sweet ollie jane... i am so glad that you were born.

No comments:

Post a Comment