Tuesday, August 26, 2014

swap gift... shipped!!











my finished swap gift.
some hand carved stamps (of course), and a little knitting tote... hopefully the perfect size to carry a knitting project and a small book. i made my first freezer paper stencil for this project so that i could print an image of yarn of needles on the tote. i was not a big fan of cutting the paper... it was pretty tiresome and the rubber blocks have this pleasing feel... almost like cutting soft butter... but not the paper. the printing itself was very fun though. it felt so gratifying to lift the paper and see the image left behind. for the tote pattern... i used one of my favorite bag patterns... the bucket bag... by michelle patterns on etsy. 
it is all headed across the country now to Massachusetts! i hope she likes it. if your interested in checking out my partners blog (you should... she is sooo talented)... here is a link to her blog... knitted time.
even though i always LOVE these blog swaps... i am so glad that this one is over and the pressure is off... it was probably not the best time for me to get involved in something like this (but how could i not?!?)... now on to some crafting for myself... i see some honey bun poufs in my future!

8 comments:

  1. I love it!!! no doubt she will, too~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! no doubt she will, too~

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you! so funny... you logged in as your husband again :) love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, garsh, that is adorable! I bought my mom a knitting bag on clearance at Michael's, no where near as good as that one. I was flattered that she took me looking all over for another one. I didn't know whether to tell her it was on super discounted clearance, and for sure long gone by now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is no way your swap partner isn't going to love her gifts, they are great Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you so much, both of you! hilthetrill... great story :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI! Thank you sooooo much for the amazing bag and stamps. I LOVE them! The bag is perfect for a small-ish knitting project and I just want to send people cards so I can use the stamps right now. :) You are super talented! And now I really want to try making my own stamps. Thank you for the gifts and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. jaimie!! i'm sooo glad you like them :) you should try carving your own... it is an absolute blast! i highly recommend geninne zlatkis's book "making an imression" :)

    ReplyDelete