Thursday, March 24, 2011

these days















lately it seems like most of my days kind of run together in this never ending stream of good, bad, and all the in between. most days are good, some days are hard, and every once in awhile there's one of those days... yes, i know that you know the ones i mean.
well, unfortunately today was one of those days.
one where the baby will not let you put her down for more than a handful of minutes before she starts crying again and she does not care about the piles of dishes and laundry, and the floors and chairs that are covered in some sort of sticky something or other.... nope she just wants to be held.
so... trying to keep your head up you carry her around in one arm using the other to attempt to pick up a few things. that is when the toddler starts following you around with that whining, because she needs a nap but for some reason refuses to take one. oh... but your not done yet... then, your two older children tell you that they will most definitely not miss you at all when they are gone over the weekend. and that is when you retreat to your room and cry because your having a horrible day and no one will miss you.

but... (before you feel too sorry for me...) that's when matt comes in and gives you a hug and tells you that he will miss you and reminds you that it's just one of those days, and tomorrow will be better, and you remember that there's ice cream in the freezer... hmm... yes, ice cream. now this is where you take a few deep breaths... and you get yourself a few spoonfuls of ice cream... and possibly have a small cup of coffee.... then, refreshed, you start back into this day because that is all you can do... that... and hope that tomorrow will really be better.

3 comments:

  1. your family makes me smile!!! I'm so bummed that i missed you at brits' tea party!!! hope all is well...much love to you cousin! ~amy~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you Jenny! I wish I was closer to help more with the kiddos! But I look at your blog almost daily and am always telling everyone how I have the cutest, smartest nephew and nieces anywhere (and I'm not biased, I really think they are)!

    Not to mention, the prettiest, sweetest, most loving, wonderful sister I ever could have asked for (and the most creative, amazing mother to my little nieces and nephew).

    My only question is, what the heck did my brother do to deserve you :) But after reading your last blog post, I'm glad to see that he's doing a good job of making you feel the wonderful woman and mother that you are.

    I love you!

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny when you are having one of "those" days just give in and sit and hold little Ollie Jane. Everything else will wait but she will all too soon be wanting to be outside with the other kiddies. YOU my girl are doing a SUPER AWESOME job! Don't ever forget it. Love and hugs to all.

    ReplyDelete