oooh... seven.... really? i'm not sure if i'm actually ready for seven. the thing that really gets me is how fast seven years flew by... then i wonder what if the next seven fly by that fast... then he will be fourteen... then i feel a little bit sick to my stomach and quickly try to think of something else. sigh.
he had a really good day, even though things just barely fell together. we were all gone separate directions over the weekend and finally returned home the night before his birthday. i didn't get his birthday crown finished and when i told him how sorry i was he said "that's ok mom!" awwww, such a sweetheart.
i'm so excited about another one of the new traditions and that is the books. i've started getting them books and writing little messages inside the cover. i have these visions of them reading those little messages someday when they are grown and away from home and feeling loved.... and that thought makes my heart melt just a little. :)
seven things i love about my first born
- i love the way he loves to snuggle in the morning and he nuzzles his nose into my side like a little bear cub
- i love that he treasures anything that i make for him
- i love how he always wants to include eislee in everything that he does
- i love how he watches out for his little sisters
- i love the way that he lines his bed with stuffed animals the exact same way that i did when i was his age
- i love how sensitive he is
- and how thoughtful he can be... coming up with the sweetest ways to make someone happy
- i love how creative he is.... goodness that's eight!
that was way too easy.
maiko, i'll love you forever...