life has been so busy.... between school, dance, swim lessons, and the various colds each day seems to pass as quickly as it comes. besides all that.... here is a little bit of what has been happening in our days.
- i completed phase one of eislee's doll hair. then i left the ball of yarn a little too low and found it completely tangled and useless... ugh! went back to the store where i bought it to find that they aren't carrying that color anymore.... double ugh!! then i found it on amazon... eight dollars shipping for three dollar yarn... make that a triple ugh!!! but it is on its way and i will post pictures soon of the progress (and i found cheaper shipping).
- we made some of these love bug valentines and these friendship bracelet valentines they were so much fun! i know it's a little late but check them out and bookmark them for next year... she has so many wonderful ideas.
- i am extremely excited about all of the reading that's been happening around here... such a fun thing to witness. you can witness a little in the photos above... so sweet.
- all of the bulbs that i planted in fall are beginning to peek out of the ground (yes, yes, yes!!) and it really makes me want to get out there and do a little weeding and plant some of those summer bulbs i saw in the store yesterday.... hmmm.
- i highly recommend swimming lessons in winter. in the summer the hot stuffy air inside the pool is almost unbearable but in winter it actually feels pretty amazing.
- little miss ollie jane is crawling everywhere, pulling up, walking along the couch, and standing here and there... i do believe walking is not far behind.
- remember jump rope on the playground? and cat's cradle? yo-yo's? good stuff. i'm teaching maiko and layla how to jump rope.... they love it! do you remember any of the little rhymes or games? unfortunately i only remember the inappropriate ones (go figure). but if you remember any and could share them in the comments maybe? we would really appreciate it!