Friday, September 21, 2012

life right now


lemon tea... or hot water with honey and lemon.... is always the first request when a cold hits in this house...


who bread dough.... link here... 


a new baby calf... born this morning....


special love notes from my children and beautiful tomatoes that are about to be sauced and canned....



knitting the hat for jude and reading my third issue of taproot, the most amazing magazine... find out more about it here if you're interested....


i think we have four chickens laying regularly now.... and do you see that egg in the back there? i finally have a minty green egg layer again!


i made this corkboard with two layers of cork and a layer of cardboard, wrapped in fabric, inside a black picture frame... the art came from my last issue of taproot that was torn apart by ollie...



sometimes.... i have so many thoughts bouncing around in my head that i have a hard time keeping my focus.
and sometimes i "encourage" (or punish) myself by constantly convincing myself to put whatever it is that i truly want to do each day at the very bottom of this crazy list in my head. in the beginning i always feel optimistic that i really will complete all of my chores and have time for something that makes me feel fulfilled. but after a time i begin to realize that i am never going to get to the bottom of that list. sometimes this realization makes me depressed, but other times i also realize that what i need to do is move my own fulfillment to at least the middle of the list.
so that is something i am working on.
when i read the editor's letter in my "taproot" i came across one of those sweet wake up calls. where amanda soule spoke of the importance of seeing "the joy in our work" and taking special moments for the things we love, which is "essential for creating a life which needn't be escaped from." she is so right. in order to actually enjoy these lives that we are living we must take time every day for the things we love, and realize that what fulfills us is just as important (if not more so) than the things that need to be done. so go and do something that fulfills you today because if you don't allow yourself to do the things that make you happy, then who will? and i will try to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment