"the way we talk to our children becomes their inner voice."
-peggy o' mara
(i think you can probably read that one)
today is my birthday... i am 29. the last year of my twenties and an entirely new chapter in my life. i am excited for it. i thought i would share 29 things you probably (or definitely) don't know about me... just for kicks... well... here goes.
29 things you probably don't know about me on my 29th birthday
- i love to make lists about anything and everything
- i got a perm in the fifth grade
- and i had a bowl cut in the third grade
- i used to be a really picky eater (and now i eat most everything)
- i have a weakness for red shoes
- pink and orange are the only colors i don't really like that much (i don't hate them...)
- green is my absolute favorite color... peridot green (like the color of the sun shining through leaves... yes, that color)... i also love blue and red... it's a close call
- my mom always crafted with my siblings and me when we were little and now you know where my love for crafting came from
- i hate doing dishes and usually avoid them at all costs... lucky for me... matt and layla do almost all of the dishes now (i wonder if it's because that was my main chore as a kid... hmmm)
- when i was a kid i loved cats... i even collected little cat figurines and everything
- slightly embarrassed admitting to that last one there... oy... kid cat lady??
- but now i am a dog person
- today is the second time (in my life) that it has snowed on my birthday
- the first time i was a little girl and all i wanted for my birthday was for it to snow... and it did... that always makes me feel just a little special
- growing up, i was always a night owl
- now, i consider myself a morning person
- i read the secret garden over and over as a kid... it was one of my absolute favorites
- i have not read it to my kids yet
- when i started high school i thought i wanted to be a fashion designer when i grew up
- at the end of high school i realized that i just liked to sew and dress funky and that i didn't have a clue what i wanted to be when i grew up (aside from being a mother... i always knew that)
- i LOVE healthy food
- and i am also a total chocoholic
- i am a huge believer in the power of a coat of paint
- i'm definitely a glass half full kinda gal
- my favorite season was always fall.... because of the beautiful colors
- but now... here... on the oregon coast surrounded in evergreens... spring is beginning to take the lead
- i LOVE cooking and hate cooking all at the same time... do you know what i mean?
- i have sisters that are twins... and they looked so much alike when they were little that they could have been switched... my mom had to paint their toenails different colors
- my first car was a bright yellow 1978 dodge colt... my dad bought it for me.... it was a great car
so... did you know any of those 29 things?
(if you are my sister or mother.... sorry... doesn't count)