Saturday, March 3, 2018

getting away and coming back again























:: we stayed on a coffee farm and they bloomed while we were there ::
:: do you see all of the blooming coffee below? ::













February was amazing.

One of my favorite things about vacationing is missing home,
 and if away from family... missing family too.

I think it is absolutely essential for parents to get away from time to time. Missing your children. Missing your home. Feeling so excited to return to your everyday. It is a magical feeling.

Obviously, I got away this February.
Kindred spirits, an amazing group of women. Warm sun. Black sand beaches!? 
Tropical plants. Tropical fruit. 
Soul medicine.

I returned home refreshed and inspired.
I have been reading some inspiring books. One in particular has been very inspiring... and not in the way I imagined it would. This book. 
Along with lots of reading I have caught spring cleaning fever (it always seems to get me in January or February)... the before spring cleaning fever... ha. 
Anyway, I spent a week turning our house upside down. Purging, cleaning, organizing. 
It felt so good. 
I feel like when the house is clean and orderly, my mind is free and clear.
The older I get the more the order of the house effects the order in my mind.
My poor mind.

I have been trying to do a bit of organizing and updating on this blog as well.
I recently realized that my banner and picture were from years ago.
(insert laughing hysterically emoji here)
I really enjoy experimenting with the design features on blogger. I find it hard to justify the time spent doing it though. Especially since my last post was from Christmas... oy. 
But I miss this space. I want to share here. 
Hopefully I will be back again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment