Monday, October 15, 2018

The Apple Picking Fan Club











 


















The weather this October, has been wonderful.
We have had just enough rain to bring us back from the parched august feeling, but not enough to feel the least bit soggy. The forecast for our week ahead is dry and warm. Pretty uncharacteristic for an October, but I'll take it. The lack of storms has given us a long apple picking season. Extra time to visit each tree. There are many. 
I feel like we have found a better balance this year between slow and busy. I am not working, which has been wonderful. We are not homeschooling anyone this year either, they all wanted to attend public school, and they are all loving it. On the busy side... we have soccer seven days a week right now. Three kids in five different programs, and a husband coaching (or assistant coach) for three teams. That has certainly been a bit crazy, but also, a lot of fun, especially with the nice weather. I am going to be the caretaker for my mom after her surgery this month as well. She just had shoulder surgery a few days ago. She is staying in the guest house down the street right now, and her best friend came to care for her initially. Her friend will be leaving this week, and then I will be taking over as the primary caretaker. I am actually really excited about this opportunity. Once we get past this first stage, which involves extra care and heavy pain management. When we get to the point where she just can't use her arm yet, I think it's going to be a lot of fun just hanging out together. A wonderful time for connection. But in the meantime, I plan to take it one day at a time.

Oh yes, 
The webbed photo above reminded of "Charlotte's Web" and something special that I wanted to share with you. It's a response written by E. B. White on why he wrote this special book.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment